Property in Sotogrande represents some to the finest property in the whole of Spain and really is one the greatest places to live in the world and one of Andalucia's little treasures. If you like the luxurious Golf, Sporting and Marina lifestyle then Property here has everything you could possibly wish for.with some stunning properties for sale at the present time including some brilliant Golf Property.
Founded in 1962 by a globetrotting entrepreneur called Joe McMicking, Sotogrande has long been one of the top residential developments in the world. The success is the result of McMicking's vision for a stylish, luxurious residential resort combined with careful development of Sotogrande's extraordinary location. Going strong for more than 40 years, it looks poised to enjoy another 40, based on its simple formula of a quality of life that is impossible to beat.
Sotogrande is a golf, polo, and beach resort that has everything you could possibly want from a residential development, including 5 golf courses, a golf academy, polo grounds, a substantial marina, a riding centre, an international school, beach clubs, tennis clubs, a sailing club, luxury hotels, spas, gyms, restaurants, shops, and much more. It is fair to say that there are few residential communities in the world with comparable on-site facilities.
Set on a series of low, verdant hills with views over the Mediterranean. The residential areas, which include villas, townhouses, and apartments, are interwoven with the golf courses, and other green spaces such as ancient cork forests spread around the resort. As a result, most of the residential areas are peaceful and private, often with tranquil views over fairways and greens towards the surrounding countryside and the sea.
Sotogrande is one of the most significant polo resorts in Europe.
It takes a while to find your way around because it is big, as you would expect of a resort with 5 golf courses, and countless other facilities. The size is actually a big advantage, as it gives the resort a critical mass that sustains the facilities and services that make life here so pleasurable throughout the year. Sotogrande must be one of the few places in the world where you can enjoy such a wide variety of luxury services and facilities in such a beautiful natural environment.
The La Reserva de Sotogrande Golf club house with the Sotogrande marina in the background.
Maturity is another advantage. The infrastructure and landscaping are well settled, and perfectly maintained, so walking the dogs anywhere around it is a pleasure. Wide avenues bordered with semi-tropical trees and landscaped gardens run through the established residential areas. Here you will see some of the best-kept gardens of any residential development in Spain.
The marina also sets Sotogrande apart from other luxury residential developments in the world, few of which can boast such an amazing facilities for boat lovers (there are berths ranging from 8m to over 15m). With shops, bars, a luxury hotel, a tennis club and a beach club, the marina it is already a hub of social life on the resort. The new 'Ribera del Marlin' project, currently under construction in the marina will boost the selection of restaurants and smart shops, and make the marina even more enticing. Then by contrast you have the wonderful new development Los Cortijos de la Reservaon the fantastic La Reserva golf course in the Sotogrande Alto.
A remarkable feature of is its stable community, and a low turnover of owners, many of whom live there permanently, or come back year after year for holidays with their families. This is a direct result of a great quality of life.
The port of Sotogrande, Cádiz, Spain.
- Sotogrande has been going for over 40 years, yet still has an outstanding international reputation. Tried and tested, Sotogrande has demonstrated its enduring appeal.
- Sotogrande has been a good investment throughout its history, or it would not enjoy the reputation it has today. This is a good indication that Sotogrande is a reliable investment.
- Sotogrande is a pedigree resort that attracts buyers from a Spanish and international elite. All the trends point towards this demand continuing to grow over the long term.
- Sotogrande has 5 golf courses, one of which is Valderama, of 1997 Ryder cup fame, and rated the best course in Continental Europe, (“the Augusta of Europe”). Other courses include the Real Club de Golf, designed by Robert Trent Jones in 1962, the 27-hole Almenara, designed by Dave Thomas, and La Reserva, designed by Cabell Robinson.
- The international school at Sotogrande educates children from 3 to 18yrs, teaches the International Baccalaureate, and sends its alumni to some of the best schools and universities in the world.
Sotogrande is 30kms from Gibraltar, on the western end of the Costa del Sol, in Andalucia's Cadiz province.
The NH Almenara hotel and the adjacent Almenara golf course.
The immediate surroundings are largely rural, and Sotogrande is set in some of Spain's most attractive countryside. You find yourself deep in the countryside, surrounded by orange groves, the moment you leave Sotogrande on the Ronda Road. The views of the mountains, valleys, and historic pueblos blancos such as Gaucin are wonderful.
The small town of Guadiaro is right next door to Sotogrande. This means that supermarkets and other day-to-day shopping needs are only a few minutes drive. For more serious shopping you have everything you need in Marbella (40 minutes) and Gibraltar.
From the beaches o there are dramatic views of the Rock of Gibraltar, and the mountains of Morocco, across The Straits.
There are countless excursions within easy reach, for instance the bazaars of Morocco, the stunning beaches of Tarifa, the pueblos blancos of the interior, the glitz of Marbella, and cultural city destinations such as Cadiz, Jerez, and Seville.
Being just 30 minutes drive from Gibraltar, many Sotogrande residents commute on a daily basis. It also helps to have healthcare in English and a full range of offshore financial services so close by.
The Cucuruchu Beach Club in Sotogrande, Cádiz, Spain.
- Sotogrande has its own exit on the A7 motorway from Gibraltar to Malaga.
- 20 kms / 20 minutes drive to Gibraltar airport, with flights to the UK, Madrid, and Dublin in the near future. The flight time from Gibraltar to London is 2&1/2 hours.
- 100 kms / 55 minutes drive to Malaga airport.
- 130 kms / 60 minutes drive to the airport at Jerez de la Frontera.
It goes without saying that Spanish Hot Properties are real experts when it comes to buying Spanish property here and we would only be too pleased to show you the wonder of this magnificent place Click below on the contact form or email us or best of all pick up that phone and find out what a Sotogrande Property could do for you.
Register today and get your your free Spanish Buyer and Information Guide!
View our Property in Sotogrande
Benahavis and Estepona property shortcuts
Fill in our form and we will contact you
- "Michel and Spanish Hot Properties were superb and unlike any other real estate agent we had previously dealt with and their attention to detail was superb"